Collection 2021-009 - Wooden plaque/trophy for RoLL School Fairs 1921 to 1927

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Wooden plaque/trophy for RoLL School Fairs 1921 to 1927

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1921 - 1927 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

Wooden shield with metal attachments 13" x 10" x 1"

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Plaque was won by Sweets Corners School 3 times, which entitled them to keep it. Appears to have been transferred from the old SS#6 to the new Sweets Corners Elementary School in 1973. Donated to Archives by the principal of the school in 2021. History of the fragment or a second plaque for Lyndhurst Continuation School, which accompanied it, unknown.

Scope and content

Collection consists of:

  • a wooden plaque with silver plated metal banner inscribed "RURAL SCHOOL FAIR", a central scroll with a medallion embossed with a farm scene, and attachments naming the schools that won the trophy each year. The winners were:
    Sweets Corners School 1921 - Sweets Corners School 1922 - Long Point School 1923 - Long Point School 1924 - Seeleys Bay School .1925 - Seeleys Bay School 1926 - Sweets Corners School 1927
  • Cast zinc attachment in the shape of a shield with crown, maple leaves and a beaver and banner with the name "LYNDHURST CONTINUATION SCHOOL". It has nail holes from being attached to a wooden plaque, and damage resulting from being removed from the plaque.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Coroplast box: Box # G0044