Rockport Women's Institute

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Rockport Women's Institute

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1920-1977

History

The Rockport Women’s Institute was established in 1920 and the first meeting was held on June 1. Mrs. D. Reid was President, Mrs. Seaman Secretary Treasurer, Mrs. Fred Huck, 1st Vice President, Mrs. Louise Cornwall, 2nd Vice President. The Branch was part of the Leeds District, alternatively listed as Leeds East or Brockville District.

The final meeting was held on April 6, 1977, and the Branch subsequently disbanded.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Location: Shelf boxes G0051-52-53-54, Row 4, Bank A, Shelf 1

Relationships area

Related entity

Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (1897-)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

The Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario was the parent organization of the Rockport Women's Institute.

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created August 10, 2011, PM.
Revised August 16, 2011, EH.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places