Loyal Orange Lodge #51

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Loyal Orange Lodge #51

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1856-1950

History

The Warrant for Loyal Orange Lodge #51 was issued on June 18, 1856, to Michael Cliff at or near McCrones Corners (later Wilstead). #51 appears to have been an Abstinence Lodge. The Lodge moved to South Lake in April of 1857, and amalgamated with #650, one of the two South Lake Lodges. By 1879 or 1880 Lodge #51 appears to have moved down the road to Gananoque Station. There were a number of changes in membership due to the move. In January of 1884 the Lodge moved to Gananoque.

L.O.L. #194, Derry Lodge, began sometime between 1845 and 1874 and appears to have been absorbed by Lodge #511 by about 1880. It was located in Gananoque.

L.O.L. #511 was Warranted on September 17, 1855. By 1889 this lodge appears to have been absorbed by #51.

L.O.L. #51 amalgamated with #26 in 1950.

L.O.L. #26, located in Lansdowne Village, was Warranted on July 11, 1845. The Fraternity was active in Lansdowne until 1982 when it amalgamated with L.O.L. #1 in Brockville.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Côté, Paul. "Loyal Orange Lodge #51: The Nomadic Lodge". From the Historical Society Of Front of Leeds and Lansdowne Newsletter, June 1996.

Maintenance notes