Title and statement of responsibility area
Long Point School Fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Long Point School
Physical description area
10cm of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first school at Long Point was a log building built in 1842. A stone school was built in 1862. Teachers for the school "boarded around" at the homes of their pupils.
The school was also used as a place of public worship on Sundays and weekday evenings. Funerals were also occasionally held at the school.
The school closed in 1960.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records from Long Point School, or School Section Number 5. This includes minutes of Trustee’s Meetings (1862-1875, 1881, 1885-1888), accounts records (1862-1873, 1878-1939), daily attendance registers (1895-1927) and a copy of a photograph of the Long Point School class of 1953.
Immediate source of acquisition
Accession Number: 987-01, 010-027, 2011-006, 2012-002
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
School Accounts Book 987-01 also available in digital format via Lakes & Islands Times Past for <a href="http://images.ourontario.ca/lakesandislands/75625/data?n=1">1914</a> and <a href="http://images.ourontario.ca/lakesandislands/75716/data?n=1">1933</a>.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Box and folder list available. Click on image above to view.
Accession Number 998-17: Newspaper clipping of the history of Long Point School.
Accession Number 010-024: 5 copies of book “Fourteen to One: Schools in the Township of Rear of Leeds and Lansdowne", commemorating the opening of Sweets Corners Elementary School, 1973.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description
Script of description
Digital object metadata