Affichage de 455 résultats

Archival description
Seulement les descriptions de haut niveau
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

24 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

The Review Mirror Fonds

  • Fonds

This fonds consists of the news publications of the Review-Mirror, and includes some publications of its predecessors, The Review and The Mirror.

Fonds is composed of the following series:

  1. The Mirror
  2. The Review
  3. The Review Mirror

The Review Mirror

Independent Order of Foresters - Lyndhurst Fonds

  • Fonds

This fond consists of the Charter, records, and effects of the Independent Order of Foresters, Court Lyndhurst. The fonds is organized into the following series:

  1. Charter, constitution & rituals
  2. Meetings
  3. Membership
  4. Correspondence
  5. Financial Records

Independent Order of Foresters - Court Lyndhurst

Hewitt Family Fonds

  • Fonds
  • [195-?]

Fonds consists of postcards and a photograph of places in the Thousand Islands. Three images are from Lake Placid, New York.

Front of Leeds & Lansdowne

  • Collection

Material pertaining to the history of the legacy township of Front of Leeds & Lansdowne.

Jean Mustard Seaman Leadbeater photos

  • 2017-007
  • Collection
  • 1940 - 1980

Jean Mustard photos
2017-007
This collection donated by Jean Mustard of Lyndhurst, daughter of Giles Mustard and Janet Maxwell. She married Roderick (Brubs) Seaman in 1948 and raised sons Stephen, Jeffery, Andrew and Douglas. After Brubs Seaman died, she married Carl Leadbeater from Lansdowne.
File 2017-007-A Lyndhurst landmarks
6 snapshots of buildings in Lyndhurst including Giles Mustard House, Lyndhurst United Church, Elmy’s mill, Harvey’s mill, Carding Mill Bridge, and cairn for Lansdowne Iron Works NHS. – Print from a scan of 1936 class of Lyndhurst Public School (brick) names include Harvey Sheffield, Eric Landon, Keith Kelsey, Clifford Stevens, Jean Mustard, Geraldine Webster, Ernest Leadbeater, Keith Harvey, Dwane Kelsey Arnold Thomas, Keith Wilsie, Mary Webster, Hazel Wood, Norma Gibson, Vera Thomas, Doris Baxter, Dorothy Thomas, Allan Tye, Shirley Sheffield, Irene Gifford, Bill Landon, Marcella Tye, Millie Landon, Bob Wood, Pauline Cheetham, Margaret Steary, Erma McFadden, Grace Jones, Freda Singleton, Mary Jo Harvey, Helen Sheffield, Lillian Stevens, Mary McFadden, Richard Leadbeater, Billy Gifford, Lyndon Hughes, and others unidentified. --
File 2017-007-B Mustard photos Family of Giles Mustard and Janet Maxwell (includes John Moore adopted)
Memorial book for Pockrage Mustard 1871-1959. – Memorial funeral book for Harrett Mustard 1876-1970 – Memorial funeral book for Janet Sarah Jane Maxwell Mustard 1900-1979, includes invoice for funeral from Scotland Funeral Home in Elgin – Baptism certificate for Giles Wendell Mustard 1913. – Quantity of snapshots of family and acquaintances including Joyce Stedman, Doreen Reagan, Mike Reagan, Leora Denby, Edgar Connell, Eldon Kirkland & Grace Mustard Kirkland, Austin Putman, Edith Maxwell Putman, Minta Machan, John Moore, Arnold Gamble
File 2017-007-C Maxwell & Murphy
Folder with photos of Beatrice Maxwell & Clifford Hartley. – wedding photo Dick & Rose Mary Murphy – half of a photo showing Janet Maxwell (later Mrs. Giles Mustard). – quantity of snapshots appear to be from the Maxwell family, some with names including Mr. Delve, Marcella, Herb Wendell & Kent (Hughson?), Jennifer Maxwell, Edna McWilliams, Lynne & Jay Johnston, “Jean & Arina”, Keith Steacy, “Ruby”, Thelma Maxwell
File 2017-007-D Seaman Family - Roderick (Brubs) Seaman & Jean Mustard family
5x7 snapshot labeled Brubs Seaman. – 3 pictures Melissa Ann Seaman as an infant. – Large quantity of snapshots of the Seaman family including Rod & Molly Seaman (parents of Brubs), Roderick (Brubs) Lewis and Murray Seaman (sons of Rod & Molly), -- Jean Mustard Seaman wife of Brubs, -- Eileen Seaman wife of Murray, -- Steve, Jeff , Doug Seaman sons of Brubs and Jean, --
File 2017-007-E Misc. families
Allison & Freda McElroy wedding photo. – Calvin & Reta Steacy wedding photo – “Uncle Minnie Sweet & Aunt Mary” – Alfred & Rita Willows wedding photo. – Ford & Dora Earl
File 2017-007-F Mustard family album. Large quantity of snapshots of Giles Mustard family and acquaintances around Lyndhurst left on original album pages because of notes surrounding pictures. Names include Jean Mustard, Awilla Gamble, Vita Hartley, Grace Mustard, Aunt Maggie Murphy, Arnold Gamble, John Moore, Earl Wessenger, Annie & Inia? Kelsey, Bill Maxwell, Mildred Murphy, Edith Putman (Maxwell), Hattie Mustard, Walter Wellington, Grace Kirkland, Beatrice Maxwell, Gordie & Wilda Gamble, Candace Sterry, Mrs. Irnside, Tom Maxwell & Edith Bryan, Osborn Earl, Lillie Forrester, Violet Forrester, Bigfords, Steve Seaman, Clifford Hartley, Earl Maxwell, Mame Maxwell, Ormond Elliott, Harold Murphy, Mildred Murphy kids, Bruce Bryan, Vera Moorhead, Jack & Janet Murphy, Margaret Steary Jones, Bowlers, Thelma & Ken Hunter, Paul Lennox, Mallen girls, Doreen Reagan, Maureen Reagan, Johnsons, Margaret Sterry & kids, Alf, Vita, John & Brian Willows, Black Rapids, Mr. Miles & Edgar Connell, Barbra Kelsey, Ronnie McKinnon, Robert Hartley, Dave Murphy family, Mr. Kidd (Russell) & Miss Jacklin, Grandma Maxwell & Mrs Elliott, E Pentney, Richard Myers, Belva White, Phyllis Townsend, ? Phelps, Sheila Summerville, Iva Sweet, Gwen Gamble, Jim Rhodes, Phyllis halladay, Eric Landon, Grippen Lake Camp, Garland Myers, Shirley Sheffield, Mary Joe Harvey, Doug Sheffield, Mike Reagan, Shirley Halladay, Mrs Kidd Mr Mawdsely Miss Leiterman, Bill Landon, Phyllis Machan, Hellen Sheffield, Sheila & Brian (Ryan) Kidd, M J Harvey, Keith Harvey,

Elizabeth Roddick Lane papers

  • 2017-013
  • Collection
  • 1856-1921

Elizabeth Roddick-Lane papers 2017-013

Book “Two Roddick Families from Scotland to Ontario” by Elizabeth Roddick Lane, 2017, contains her extensive research on the Roddicks in Ontario including the mill owners at Lyndhurst. Includes a separate index of given names and married/maiden names with page references. Located in General Research Family Trees
Hand drawn and coloured map of Lyndhurst enumerating properties owned by John Roddick, undated, Donor estimates 1876 (encapsulated) in Map Cabinet 1, Drwr # 4.
Complete copy of the Athens Reporter of 18 May 1967 which includes extensive coverage of the ceremony commemorating the founding of Lyndhurst and unveiling of an historic plaque (Encapsulated in Map Cab 1, Drwr #

File 2017-013-02 original John Roddick business documents 1860-1899
Bond of agreement between John Roddick and Wm Saunders in the lease of Lyndhurst Mills from the Jones Estate, 1860.witnessed by former partner Walter Denaut – Partnership agreement between John Roddick and Henry Green, 1870, retroactive to 1868. – correspondence between Roddick and Green about settlement of accounts. – agreement to disolve partnership between Roddick & Green, 1871. – numerous appraisals over many years for the mills and property to support applications for mortgages and demands from Robert Roddick in Port Hope for money owed. – Lease of the mills from Robert Roddick to John Roddick 1887. –

File 2017-013-03 original John & George Roddick business documents 1900-1921
More appraisals and correspondence between Robert Roddick in Port Hope and John in Lyndhurst including lawyers letters. – Correspondence shifts from John to George Roddick his son. – manuscript letter from George Roddick to RoLL Reeve and Council requesting permission to run hydro poles and wires on township road allowances, 1910. – 63 canceled cheques and promissory notes from 1921, on forms from the Bank of Toronto Lyndhurst Branch, signed by George Roddick, several with postage stamps or War Tax stamps attached in amounts required by the Special War Revenue Act of 1915. –

File 2017-013-04 Original Documents relating to Lyndhurst Bridge.
Manuscript specification and timber cutting list for a stone and wood bridge to be built at Lyndhurst, dated Nov. 1855, drawn by John Roddick for Wm. Saunders. – John Roddick's leather bound note book with records in the back pages from Sept. and Oct. 1856, of monies received from Rear of Leeds & Lansdowne Township and dispersed to Miles Fulford and his labourers on construction of the 1856 bridge in Lyndhurst. Contains note of an incident on Sept 12, 1856, when bridge construction stopped the water to the mills, also lists monetary transactions with Robert Roddick and James Roddick from 1880s and '90s. – manuscript copy of an invoice from Simon Ransom to RoLL Township Council for work on Lyndhurst Bridge, July 1857. – photograph of Lyndhurst Bridge inscribed “taken by J. E. Roddick 1956”. – 2 decal-edged folders bearing prints of sketches of Lyndhurst Bridge by Joan Roddick. – coloured enlargement of Lyndhurst Bridge taken by J E Roddick about 1960. – B&W enlargements of 2 views of the bridge taken by John Buick Harvey about 1907.

File 2017-013-05 Roddick family domestic papers
Index of names contained in the book “Two Roddick Families from Scotland to Ontario”. – Chart of terminology for family relationships through generations. (cousins "once remove, or twice removed" etc.) – Bound folder containing list of documents and artifacts in possession of Elizabeth Lane, (not all donated to archives). – photo of an arm brace worn by John Roddick, and the invoice for $16 from Canada Truss Factory, 1882 -- Manuscript satirical poem about John Roddick and Henry Green, addressed to the Reeve and Council of RoLL, dated Seeley's Bay 1884, anonymous.– manuscript satirical poem “The Lyndhurst Boor” about Henry Green, anonymous. – Manuscript cures for ailments prescribed for Mrs. Roddick, including one from John Lewis, dispensing chemist, Montreal, 1886. – deed of plot in St. Luke's Church Burying Ground to Mrs Ethel Roddick 1924. – Canada 25 cent shin plaster 1900. – American postage currency 5 cent note. – death notices for Mary Roddick Code, J Chris Roddick, and Aaron M Roddick. – price list for school furniture from W Stahlschmidt, Preston Ont, with correspondence from Smart & Shepherd in Brockville comparing prices. – Prize List of 20 pages plus covers, for the Lyndhurst Fair of Sept 19 & 20, 1907. Contains advertising from local merchants and prize donors. – 2 photocopies of newspaper articles about trophy Lake Trout caught in Devil Lake and Buck Lake 1930-31. – Original copy of Centennial book “Lyndhurst 1794-1967 by Anna E Harvey, signed by the author.

File 2017-013-06 Clipping about Lyndhurst Bridge history & debate of restoration
Large Collection of clipping and photocopies about the Lyndhurst Bridge controversy in 1984-85, with some material from earlier history

File 2017-013-07 Research findings by Elizabeth Roddick Lane.
Photocopies of findings of the research for her book “Two Roddick Families from Scotland to Ontario”; includes – newspaper articles, documents from National Archives of Canada, and many other sources. – account of the death of John Roddick from Lyndhurst who was hit by a train at Cataraqui in 1873, – details of William Roddick family of Brantford, and Robert Roddick family of Coburgh, – an article about the “Roddick Clock” brought from Scotland, – letter of appreciation from Elizabeth Stevens Stuart to Agnes Roddick for accommodations in late 1920s, – “Historical Sketch of the Township of Hamilton” by Walter Riddell, 1897, – transcripts of interviews with Helen Wilson, 1982, and Elizabeth Stevens Stuart, 2001 – reprint of a 1903 photo of the light house on Gull Island near Coburgh, from NAC, with receipt and conditions of use.

Files 2017-013-08, 2017-013-09, 2017-013-10, 2017-013-11 Photocopies of all the original documents in Files 02 to 05, in order as arranged by the donor.

Marble Rock photos from Douglas Andress

  • 2017-016
  • Dossier
  • na

2 snapshots of Marble Rock Dam from the old steel bridge, one in winter. -- 1 snapshot looking upstream from the dam, showing the rift and remains of a previous dam. -- 1 snapshot from the Andress House looking down on the dam and steel bridge. -- 1 snapshot showing the rift from upstream. -- 1 print from digital scan of postcard of Richard Griffin's tourist home on Gananoque lake (formerly Sidney Griffin's, later Tedford's), the original returned to owner.

Gananoque Mechanics' Institute/Library ledgers

  • 2017-017
  • Collection
  • 1892-1969

Collection consists of:
Account book believed to be from Gananoque Mechanic’s Institute for 1892 to 94. It is in a strange form of notation not understood by Archives staff. The same book was reused in 1916 to list and number 802 members, probably of the library. -- Cash book for Gananoque library from 1898-1951. -- Hardcover 2-ring binder containing typed minutes of the Gananoque Public Library Board 1927-1933. – Day book for circulation desk petty cash 1962-69. – Ontario Teachers Manual of Household Science in Rural Schools, second printing 1921. – Hardbound book “Census of Canada 1941, Vol. 8, Agriculture”

Harry Painting Article Collection

  • CA G E 0072
  • Collection

Collection consists of over 300 newspaper articles by Harry Painting regarding local history appearing in the Gananoque Reporter from 1977 to 1993.

Harry Painting

Thomas Singleton Orange Lodge Certificate

  • 2017-018
  • Pièce
  • 1889

Item consists of a graphic certificate admitting Thomas Singleton to Orange Lodge #226 in Lyndhurst, signed by Delbert Danby and Daniel Berney.

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 455