2019-055-A Diary describing the travels of Maude Nichols beginning Aug. 5th, 1904, with her return from their honeymoon trip to Europe, ending Nov 1906.
- Illustrated brochure for the Woodstock Inn, Vermont, where they visited in Oct 1904.
- Theatre programs and entertainment events almost every other page. Frequent art exhibits and sales.
- 40 page brochure advertising a production of Alice in Wonderland to benefit Vincent Memorial Hospital, Boston.
- 32 page brochure for New York Hippodrome, WonderTrips around New York by electric coaches, Amateur & professional Circus to aid the Children’s Home,
- Souvenir list of members of a Raymond & Whitcomb Tour to California including Mrs. Austin Nichols, Dec 1904 until March 1905
-Trip to Yellowstone Park and Lewis & Clark Centennial Exposition in Spokane June 5, 1905, with maps, tickets, brochures, menus, then on Pacific Coast Steamship Co to Alaska, brochure for resorts in the Canadian Rockies, returning July 13.
- Chase family tree 1618 to 1855
- 24 page brochure Holt Renfrew guide to “10 Days in Quebec”, 24 page brochure promoting Montreal
- Last item is an obituary for Dr Charles Stewart Kittredge, father of Mrs. Austin Nichols.
2019-005-B Photo album assembled by Maude and Austin Nichols showing activity at Winnekenni beginning in 1915:
- Post card of Maude and Austin Nichols on their wedding trip to Europe, 1904
- People posing in Indian costumes with canoe, dated 1917
- Two large photos by L. Prosser of a race at Gananoque Canoe Club about 1917, with yachts and motor boats observing.
- Various inboard skiffs and launches
- Two men and two women in a flying boat, dated 1922.
- Names on pictures include Stan Guteling, Wm Kittredge, Rose Cronise, Mary and Ruth Caldwell, Bill Quinn, Paul Leach, Bell, Skinner, Wheeler, Mr. Wilson, Ednor Marsh, Florence McLaughlin, Maude Hartling, Marion Day, Mrs. McGillis, Sally Dickenson, Maude Peters, Geo. Gibson & family, Miss Fisher, Miss Gallord, Janette Weeks, Frances Miller, Margaret Knepper, Mary Frances Phelps, Bill Rhind, Helen & Alice Morse, Phyllis Britcken, House, Hessey, Dunlap, Anne Mills, Maude Leighton
- Pictures of the May family starting in 1930, including close-ups of the houseboat in 1936, and quantities of sturgeon, and building the “Peirce Arrow” in 1939.
- A series of photos of Winnekenni in 6” of snow taken by David May in Nov 1936
- Photo of Grenadier Island school class of 1938, teacher Helen Mallory
2019-005-C Photo album assembled by Maude Nichols and her husband Austin Nichols showing photos and newspaper clippings related to Winnekenni Lodge, including:
- Post card of Winnekenni Island and the Lodge with note “Built early 1908/Occupied 1st summer of 1908, Austin Nichols, Maude (his wife) + James Ricson”
- Miniature silhouette of Austin P. Nichols
- Clippings and post card of Winnekenni Castle in Haverhill Mass, which was the source of the name for the lodge.
- Six photos of Winnekenni with 6” of snow, Nov. 1936, incudes the boathouse with their boat “Aloha”
- Two photos of “Mrs. Gibson (senior)”
- Photo of a class beside “The little school on Granadier Island” with a list of names including the three May sibblings.
- A second photo of Grenadier Island School and pupils from 1947 when Maude May was the teacher.
- Many photos of the May and Nichols family members at Winnekenni, photos of the Lodge and its interior, the boathouse and skiff house, boats, games, and fish, dated from 1933 to 1955.
- Several guest families are named including Rowe, Hensley, Hooper, Hayes, Pillsbury, Poole, Davis, Warner, Ny, Poulter, Knowles, Peters, Chase, Genge, Smith,
2019-005-D Books & Papers
D-001 “A Community Vanished” by Christina Bates ,1987, history of Grenadier Island. Located in General Research – Local Histories
D-002 “Souvenir of the Thousand Islands”, the James Bayne Company, Grand Rapids, Mich., 86 pages, undated circa 1900, showing 82 professional photos of places, boats and people in the 1000 Islands.
D-003 “A History of Gananoque” prepared for the Gananoque Museum Board by John Nalon, 1985.
D-004 Undated but very old looking fold out engraved map, 21 cm x 364.8 cm (8 ¼” x 144”) “Drawn by Alfred R. Waud/engraved by John Andrew, Boston, US.” showing the waterway from Niagara Falls to Niagara on the Lake, excluding Lake Ontario, resuming at Kingston, and ending at Quebec City, with views of towns along the shores and vignettes of interesting places in between. It shows the Grand Trunk Railroad, the Prescott to Ottawa RR, Cape Vincent RR Depot, and frequent illustrations of sail boats and paddlewheel steamboats.
D-005 St Lawrence Islands National Park Newsletter, July 2007.
D-006 22 blank pages with letterhead of “1000 Islands Area Residents’ Association/Lansdowne Ontario”
D-007 Folding rack-card explaining the Tousand Islands Heritage Conservancy.